In a complex IT environment, even the smallest tasks can take forever. Sprawling systems are hard to develop, deploy, and maintain. Business demands only increase complexity, and IT teams struggle with management, availability, and cost.
Ansible is simple, agentless IT automation technology that can improve your current processes, migrate applications for better optimization, and provide a single language for DevOps practices across your organization.
Centralising configuration file management and deployment is a common use case for Ansible, and it’s how many power users are first introduced to the Ansible automation platform.
When you define your application with Ansible, and manage the deployment with Tower, teams are able to effectively manage the entire application lifecycle from development to production.
Your apps have to live somewhere. If you’re PXE booting and kickstarting bare-metal servers or VMs, or creating virtual or cloud instances from templates, Ansible and Ansible Tower help streamline the process.
Creating a CI/CD pipeline requires buy-in from numerous teams. You can’t do it without a simple automation platform that everyone in your organization can use. Ansible Playbooks keep your applications properly deployed (and managed) throughout their entire lifecycle.
Security and Compliance
When you define your security policy in Ansible, scanning and remediation of site-wide security policy can be integrated into other automated processes and instead of being an afterthought, it’ll be integral in everything that is deployed.
Configurations alone don’t define your environment. You need to define how multiple configurations interact and ensure the disparate pieces can be managed as a whole. Out of complexity and chaos, Ansible brings order.
Red Hat Ansible features and benefits
- Agentless Deployment - Ansible is agentless, so there’s no software to install on the things you’re automating
- Cross platform support -multitude of operating systems & containers, across physical, virtual, public and hybrid cloud environments
- Tower Dashboard - See a summary view of your entire Ansible environment at any time
- Real time job output - Watch your Ansible Playbook jobs update in real-time
- Remote command execution - Execute simple Ansible tasks on your inventory on an as-needed basis
- Job scheduler - Schedule Playbooks to run at a specific time or to repeat
- Pull from source - Pull and sync your Playbooks from Git, SVN, or Mercurial
- Role-based access control - Easily control who can run what tasks on what inventory
- Playbook runtime support - Ensure your automation remains in operation